Tuesday, March 11, 2008

i'm a little radio-ed out...

I was on the radio for about five hours yesterday, from 10 am to 3 pm. Yes, it is just DJ Kitten said on-air, I am hardcore. Because of WRCT Random Schedule, there are tons of open time slots this week. Any DJ can sign up for whatever open slots, and believe me, the temptation to sign up for a bunch of open spots tormented me. In the end, however, my five hours of radio time convinced me that unless I really get the on-air jones later on this week, that's enough for me right now.

Anyway, Afternoon Tea went on, as normally, from noon to two. Kitten and I managed to squeak out something like thirty-five to forty songs in those measly two hours, but of course, it's quality, not quantity. We did, however, get a very nice caller telling us that we were better than Automation (the lovely WRCT music-library robot - I call him "Auttie"). So, we're better than robots. That's a pretty nice compliment, to be honest, because that robot does a hell of a job for a soulless music-playing machine.

I will have the playlist up in another day or two. I'm already thinking about next week. A bunch of new stuff. We worked the sixties and seventies stuff out of our system, and now we can mesh everything back together, the way it's supposed to be. I know I want to play something else off the new Magnetic Fields album Distortion, as well as new Russian Spy Camera, more off that Ruby Suns album, and maybe some j-pop. We ye-ye-ed a lot on this past show, so I feel like maybe I'll take a week break from the French pop stuff. I'm still trying to obtain more Italian pop music from the sixties. If anyone has any good suggestions, post them here.

Oh, and a reminder, if you're free on Friday, check this event out:

Should be a good time, and it's for a great cause.

Okay, more later, I promise.

No comments: